Algo 8301 Paging Adapter & Scheduler (8301)
The Algo 8301 Overview
The 8301 is a PoE IP Paging Adapter for integrating legacy analog voice paging systems into a premise or hosted UC environment as a third party SIP endpoint. The Adapter eliminates the need for an ATA or FXS port. Features include G.722 wideband support with isolated and balanced line output for optimum clarity and intelligibility without hum or noise.
To the network side, the 8301 is a SIP endpoint for easy integration with an IP telephone system. It is configured using the intuitive web interface or provisioning capabilities.
On the paging side, the 8301 provides balanced audio output using both an XLR connector and terminal block for easy connection to an amplifier, along with a dry contact closure if required by the amplifier.
Further speech enhancement is provided by automatic level control, choice of frequency masks, and optional speech compression. Output level is compatible with consumer, commercial, and pro-audio amplifiers requiring either -10 dBm, 0 dBm, or +4 dBu line level.
An audio input (also balanced and isolated to prevent equipment ground loops) can be used for auxiliary input or insertion of the 8301 between existing equipment. This allows IP based paging or emergency notification to take control of the amplifier as necessary.
Multicast capability allows scalability for multiple amplifiers as well as integration with any number of Algo IP speakers, strobes and adapters (e.g. 8128, 8180, 8186, 8188, 8189, 8301, 8373) for a complete voice paging system.
The Algo 8301 Emergency Notification Alerting
An auxiliary input allows an optional wall button (e.g., 1202 Call Button as shown) or external switch to initiate a SIP call or play a WAV file stored in the adapter's memory for notification alerting.
A WAV file may also be played by dialing the adapter's Ring extension, configured for ring/announcement activation only. Up to 10 Ring extensions are available to register on a single adapter (or 8186, 8188) for applications requiring different types of emergency notification alerting (e.g., lockdown, evacuation, etc.). A Call To Cancel feature can be configured in the 8301 to allow emergency alerting to play continuously for the duration of the event, until a designated extension registered to the speaker is called to stop the alert. Any combination and number of Algo IP endpoints can receive a multicast for such emergency alerting.
The Algo 8301 Bell Scheduler
The 8301 also features a Scheduler for automating the playing and multi-casting of WAV file tones, bells, announcements, music, etc. The Scheduler uses the NTP server to synchronize with IP clocks, and is ideal for schools (i.e., class changes, recess, playing an anthem, etc.), retail and healthcare announcements (e.g., store closing, visiting hours, etc.), and workplace shift changes, breaks, etc.
The Algo 8301 Benefits
- Superb audio clarity and intelligibility - no hum or noise
- Network managed and supervised SIP and multicast endpoint
- PoE (802.3af) for plug and play network connectivity
- Eliminates narrowband FXS port or ATA
- Multicasting capability to include Algo IP speakers and strobes
- Easy and intuitive web interface to configure scheduled announcements, tones, bells, music, etc.
- Synchronization of scheduler and IP clocks using NTP server
- Linux appliance; no dependency on software or PC for bell scheduling
The Algo 8301 Features:
- Wideband G.722 codec support for HD Voice
- Isolated and balanced audio output
- Automatic level control
- Multicast for cost effective scalability - mix with any number and variety of Algo speakers, strobes and paging adapters (e.g. 8128, 8180, 8186, 8188, 8189, 8301, 8373) for a complete voice paging system
- Multicast receive or broadcast capability
- SIP compatibility with all leading UC vendors including Avaya, Broadsoft, Cisco, Digium/Asterisk, Mitel, Metaswitch, NEC, and Polycom to name a few
- Configurable through web interface
- Auto-provisioning (i.e., TFTP, FTP, HTTP)
- Internal 1GB memory for uploaded WAV files or recorded messages for notification alerting and scheduled tones/announcements
- Multiple SIP registration for Page (50) and Ring (10) extensions
- DTMF zone selection
- Programmable relay (dry contact) output
- Programmable relay (dry contact) input or illuminated and supervised wall button
- 3.5mm Aux Input jack for playing and multicasting music
- UL/CSA, FCC, CE